This savory recipe for zucchini pancakes is unbelievably easy to whip up and is a great way to use up some of that abundant zucchini harvest.
I’m always looking for new ways to use up my zucchini harvest. I’ve made zucchini pie with our homemade all-purpose baking mix, but I wanted to try something a little different. After a bit of experimenting, I came up with this recipe for zucchini pancakes. The’re a bit like potato pancakes and great with a little dollop of sour cream.
These savory pancakes are unbelievably easy to whip up.
Making the Recipe for Zucchini Pancakes
Then you’ll want to drain the zucchini completely by placing it in a collander and squeezing it thouroughly to remove as much liquid as possible. After squeezing out the liquid, use a clean, non-linty dish cloth or paper towels to blot the shredded zucchini. Then toss them in a bowl with all of your other ingredients and mix well.
Next, simply scoop the mixture out by the spoonful and onto a hot oiled skillet. Use a spatula to flatten them out to resemble a pancake. Cook for a minute or two on each side until they’re golden brown and the edges are crispy.
These pancakes are so tasty, wonderfully nutritious, and a great way to use up some of that excess zucchini. The best part is, you can serve them as a snack, an appetizer, or even a light lunch!
You’re going to love this recipe for zucchini pancakes.
Savory Zucchini Pancakes
- Vegetable shredder
- Large Skillet
- Paper towels
- 1-1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons homemade baking mix
- Dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Sour cream optional
- Place zucchini in a colander and let stand a few minutes to drain.
- Squeeze zucchini and blot dry with paper towels.
- In a bowl, mix egg, cheese, baking mix and pepper. Add zucchini; mix well.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Drop four pancakes into skillet; press gently with spatula to flatten. Cook until golden brown, 2 minutes per side. If desired, serve with sour cream.
As an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.