Easy Roasted Cauliflower
Summer garden harvest season is upon us! Now is the time to cook up some delicious summer vegetable recipes like this one for easy roasted cauliflower with herbs and lemon.
This quick and colorful 1-pan cauliflower side dish is a definite favorite. It’s super easy and is the perfect accompaniment for a late summer celebration. I used a lovely tri-color blend of homegrown cauliflower roasted to perfection with simple seasonings and herbs.
This recipe is great for using up a lot of cauliflower at once, which is especially great for those of us with large gardens. I also like that this recipe uses herbs that can be harvested from summer herb gardens. Yumm…there’s nothing like fresh herbs to make a recipe come to life!
Lemon & Herb Cauliflower
- Lemon zester
- Chef's knife
- Large baking sheet
- Large bowl
- 3 heads cauliflower 1 purple, 1 orange, and 1 white, if available
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp chopped parsley plus more for garnish
- 1 Tbsp chopped basil
- 1 1/2 tsp chopped thyme
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Wash and trim cauliflower, chopping the florets into small equally-sized pieces.
- Add cauliflower to a large bowl with olive oil, parsley, basil, and thyme. Toss to combine, making sure the florets are coated evenly with the oil and herbs.
- Spread the mixture onto a large rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper in an even layer. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and lemon zest. Squeeze lemon juice over the vegetables.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, tossing halfway through cooking.
- Once the cauliflower has browned and is cooked through, remove from the oven. Serve immediately with an extra sprinkle of freshly chopped parsley.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.