DIY Sleepy Time Tea
If you’re like me and struggle to fall asleep and stay asleep, then this DIY sleepy time tea recipe might be just what you’re looking for. This has become one of the go-to recipes that I use to help myself calm down and ease into “sleep mode” without tossing and turning all night.
This tea blend works wonders, and all without resorting to OTC or prescription medications, something I would only ever consider as a last resort. I absolutely love that tea can be formulated into sleep aids, not to mention, they are all-natural. Luckily, I discovered the wonders of herbs and combinations of herbs that work to relax you and help you sleep.
This tea blend that I use is full of calming ingredients, like chamomile, lemon balm, lavender, and other soothing herbs which are known to calm the nervous system by modifying certain neurotransmitters that are involved in sleep.
What Herbs Should I Use in My Tea Blend?
I like to make up a whole jar of this tea blend so that I can simply scoop out a teaspoon nightly and steep my tea. Feel free to make as little or as much as you want, just ajust the ratios proportionately.
1. Heat up some water in your tea kettle.
3. Place ½–1 tablespoon of the herbal mixture in a tea steeper, fine mesh strainer, or small piece of cheesecloth.
4. Place your tea infuser, strainer or cheesecloth in or over a large mug
5. Pour water over the top of your herbs.
6. Let your tea steep for 2-5 minutes before removing the infuser.
7. Add honey if desired.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.